This Keto Chicken Soup with cauliflower rice is ultra-comforting, delicious and ready in less than 40 minutes. It’s low-carb, kid-friendly, paleo-friendly, dairy free, grain free and gluten free, too!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 8 ounces riced cauliflower (about 2 cups)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery and onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and paprika and cook until fragrant, about another minute. Stir in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and riced cauliflower and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the cauliflower is tender, about 12 minutes. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Cook and freeze this soup without the cauliflower and then add the cauliflower when reheating the soup, so it does not get mushy.
To make this recipe into low-carb chicken noodle soup
omit the cauliflower rice and add 1 spiralized zucchini. (Trim the zucchini noodles to shorten.)
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 196
- Fat: 10.4g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 26.4g