Savory quick bread made with einkorn flour, kale and feta by Gina of Running to the Kitchen.
- • 1 ½ cup einkorn all-purpose flour
- • 1 cup whole wheat white flour
- • 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- • Generous pinch kosher salt and black pepper
- • 2 ½ cups shredded Tuscan kale
- • 1 cup crumbled feta
- • 2 eggs
- • ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- • ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt (2% or full fat)
- • ¾ cup whole milk
- • ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan with baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine the flours, baking powder, salt, pepper, kale and feta in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, olive oil, yogurt and milk in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top if using.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean and edges start to brown.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 8 g