If you’ve been blueberry picking, then this Healthy Blueberry Lemon Quick Bread is an absolute must-bake recipe! It is sweet and lemony and bursting with blueberries.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour, preferably white whole-wheat
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 egg yolk
- zest from 1 lemon plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup turbinado sugar
- 2/3 cup avocado oil or organic canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1.5 quart loaf pan (8.5 by 4.5 by 2.5 inches) with cooking spray.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Add the blueberries to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Whisk egg yolk, zest, lemon juice, sugar, oil, orange juice, vanilla and almond extract in a large bowl until smooth. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir to combine. Beat egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form. Fold the whites into the batter
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with almonds. Transfer to the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes. Let cool in the pan 25 minutes before running a knife along the edges and turning out, cool right-side-up on wire rack.
- Serving Size: 1/12 loaf
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g