These make-ahead breakfast burritos with ham are filled with tender scrambled eggs, cheese, smoky ham, and hash brown potatoes. They can be made ahead and even frozen so they make a perfect high-protein meal prep breakfast that satisfies all morning.
- 2 teaspoons neutral cooking oil or olive oil
- 4 cups shredded frozen hash browns
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon each dried oregano, garlic powder and paprika
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten (or 1 1/3 cup liquid egg whites or Egg Beaters)
- 1 1/2 cup diced ham (8 ounces)
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 medium flour tortillas, low carb if desired (9-inch)
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add hashbrowns in an even layer. Sprinkle with half of the salt, spices and pepper to taste. Let cook until the hashbrowns are golden in spots on the bottom, 9 minutes. Turn with a spatula and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until they are tender, just barely browned and crispy in spots. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Wipe out the skillet and coat it lightly with cooking spray. Set over medium heat. Add eggs, the remaining salt and pepper to taste and cook, scrambling with a silicone spatula until soft curds form, 30 to 90 seconds. Add in ham and continue cooking just until the eggs are set and no-longer wet, about 1 minute longer.
- Remove the eggs and ham from the heat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Lay the tortillas on the work surface. Divide the hashbrowns and egg mixture among the tortillas, dividing evenly. Drizzle 2 tablespoons salsa over each burrito.
- Wrap up burritos. Coat a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Wrap each burrito in the foil. Refrigerate up to 4 days or freeze up to 1 month.
- To reheat: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. If burrito is frozen, unwrap foil and microwave burrito 90 seconds on high power, then rewrap with the foil. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Unwrap and enjoy!
Make Ahead: Prepare according to directions up to step 4 on the recipe card. Once each burrito is wrapped in foil, refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Reheat: Heat oven to 350°F. If the burrito is frozen, unwrap the foil and microwave the burrito for 90 seconds on high power, then rewrap it with the foil. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Unwrap and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top & Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Protein: 21 g
Keywords: Ham Breakfast Burrito, ham and cheese burrito, ham and egg burrito, ham and cheese breakfast burrito,ham egg and cheese breakfast burrito, ham egg wrap,freezer breakfast burrito,make ahead breakfast burritos