Burgers made from ground chicken, seasoned with za’atar and topped with cucumber mint tzatziki, lettuce and tomato! Get those grills fired up my friends! They’re a middle-eastern flavored burger mash-up you won’t want to miss.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 hamburger buns, whole-grain or gluten-free if desired
- 1 ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons za’atar seasoning
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, preferably whole milk
- 1 small clove garlic, grated with a rasp-style grater
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint plus a few extra leaves for serving
- 4 small leaves lettuce
- 4 thin slices ripe tomato
- 4 rings red onion, or to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Form chicken into four patties, about 3-inches wide by ¾ inch thick. Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper. Sprinkle with za’atar seasoning.
- Oil grill rack and add the chicken burgers. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Grill bun if desired.
- Meanwhile, whisk together yogurt, garlic and vinegar and the remaining ¾ teaspoon salt. Grate cucumber with a box grater and set in a fine mesh sieve. Press on cucumber to extra excess liquid. Mix the cucumber and mint into the yogurt mixture.
- Serve the chicken burgers on the buns with lettuce, tomato, onion and the tzatziki sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 310 cals
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 28g