The world’s juiciest Grilled Sirloin Steak with Chimichurri Sauce made with hazelnut oil. It is off the chain delicious!
1 large sirloin steak, about 1.75 to 2 pounds
1 ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon pepper
2 whole cloves garlic, smashed, peeled and chopped
1 cup loosely packed parsley sprigs
1 cup loosely packed cilantro sprigs
1/3 cup La Tourangelle Roasted Hazelnut Oil or Olive Oil
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lay sirloin on a clean platter or baking sheet. Sprinkle all over with 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Combine garlic, parsley, cilantro and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add in oil, water, vinegar and pulse until it is moistened and the herbs are finely chopped. Scrape down and pulse again if necessary, to ensure the herbs are finely chopped.
- Grill, turning once, until a thermometer inserted into the center reaches 135 degrees for medium rare to medium, about 3 ½ to 5 minutes per side.
- Let the steak rest on a platter or carving board at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the chimichurri sauce.
To take internal temperature of the steak, pick it up with tongs, then slide the thermometer into the steak horizontally so the sensor reaches the center of the steak, and it isn’t going past the center and reading the temp on the other side! You’re looking for 135 degrees to be the coolest reading.
- Serving Size: 3.5 ounces plus 2 tablespoons chimichurri
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 16 grams
- Saturated Fat: 6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 19 g