These Balsamic Green Beans with Walnuts are one of my favorite vegetable side dishes of all times! Simple, quick, elegant and delicious.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed (about 8 cups)
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring until the garlic is just barely showing signs of turning brown, 30 to 90 seconds. Immediately pour into a large mixing bowl to stop cooking.
- Meanwhile, add 1 to 2 inches of water to a large pot fitted with a steamer attachment, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Add green beans to steamer, and cook, covered until the beans are crisp tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the green beans to the bowl. Add walnuts, balsamic and salt and toss to coat.
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 94 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: balsamic green beans