This healthy macaroni salad is made with cheddar and loads of garden fresh vegetables. Bring it to your next potluck and watch it disappear in a flash!
- 2 cups dry macaroni, preferably whole wheat
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, fat-free if desired
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain or brown deli mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon or dill
- ¾ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, such as Cabot Alpine (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add macaroni, stir and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cool running water. Drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add shallot.
- Mix the cooked macaroni into the yogurt mixture until coated. Add carrots, peas and cheddar and stir to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with cherry tomatoes just before serving.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 542 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: healthy macaroni salad