Gluten-free date bread with brown rice flour and almond meal. Sweetened and studded with soft Medjool dates and flavored with coffee and ginger.
- 1 cup halved/pitted soft Medjool Dates (about 5 ¼ ounces, pitted)
- 1 cup hot coffee, can be decaf
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted if necessary
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour, any clumps broken up
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ½ cup pitted chopped soft Medjool dates
- ¼ cup chopped soft candied ginger
- Place halved dates in blender pitcher. Pour coffee over the dates and let sit until 70 to 90 degrees, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Puree dates and coffee until smooth. Add egg, coconut oil, honey and vanilla and puree until smooth.
- Whisk rice flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt in a large bowl. Break up any clumps. Pour in date mixture. Stir until completely smooth and moist. Fold in pecans, chopped dates and candied ginger. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only moist crumbs attached, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool on rack in pan about an hour. Turn out and let cool completely before slicing.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g