This recipe is for Ginger lime marinated sablefish fillet with fresh chopped cilantro on top. It is a simple way to make it in the oven with only 10 minutes of preparation time.
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated with a rasp style grater
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 4-5 ounce portions black cod or sablefish fillet, about 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Whisk garlic, lime zest, lime juice, agave syrup, olive oil, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- Place sablefish in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour the lime mixture over the fish, press the air out of the bag and seal. Agitate bag to coat the fish in the marinade. Refrigerate, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove fish from the marinade and discard the marinade. Place fish, skin side down on the parchment and transfer the baking sheet to the oven.
- Bake until the fish is cooked through and just flakes apart when pierced with the tip of a knife, 12 to 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro
If you cannot find black cod (sablefish), sub another mild buttery fish such as Monkfish (Anglerfish) or Chilean Sea Bass (Patagonian Toothfish), make sure to check the Seafood Watch App from Monterey Bay Aquarium to source Best Choice or Certified sustainable fish.
Black Cod is often sold with the skin on, but it is not necessary in this recipe, so if yours comes skinned, that is totally fine!
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 7 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 25 g