This easy Warm German Potato Salad is made with celery, parsley and bacon and it’s sweetened with maple syrup instead of sugar. It is lower in saturated fat and doesn’t have any refined sugar so it is healthy too!
2 pounds small thin-skinned potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons dark pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon brown deli mustard or German mustard
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup finely chopped celery, preferably with leaves
½ cup minced red onion
½ cup chopped parsley
- Bring several inches of water to a boil in a saucepan fitted with a steamer basket over high heat. Add potatoes to the steamer basket, cover and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 17 to 21 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard salt, pepper and paprika in a large bowl.
- Add hot potatoes to the dressing, and toss to coat. Cool, stirring once or twice, until just warm or room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes. Add bacon, celery, onion and parsley and stir to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- The dressing can be made up to three days ahead.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Bring leftovers to room temperature before serving.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 180 calories
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 23 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: German Potato Salad,Mayonnaise Free Potato Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon,warm German potato salad,hot german potato salad