Fudgy Chocolate Brownies made with Greek Yogurt and topped with trail mix. Only 152 calories each!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup trail mix, or nuts and mixed dried fruit, chopped if large
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 by 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Add chocolate and sugar, cook, stirring until combined. Note: the sugar will still be granular.
- Scrape into a large bowl.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk Greek yogurt into the chocolate mixture. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly with a silicone spatula.
- Scrape brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and spread. Scatter trail mix over the top of the batter. Bake until the center is puffed slightly and set, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool brownies in the baking pan until room temperature, about 1 hour. Melt and drizzle the remaining chocolate over the cooled brownies if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g