These Easy Smashed RedPotatoes are perfect for your Thanksgiving and Holiday Table. They are Vegetarian and Gluten Free, too!
- 2 pounds 1 to 2” diameter red potatoes, scrubbed and large ones quartered
- 2 scallions, sliced lengthwise and finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped herbs, such as parsley, dill and sage
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Bring several inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer attachment. Steam potatoes until all are very tender when tested with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes. Check the pot toward the end of steaming and add water if necessary to prevent the saucepan from boiling dry.
- Meanwhile, mix scallions, yogurt, herbs, butter, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix cooked potatoes into yogurt mixture breaking up the potatoes with a fork until they crumble apart and lightly clump together.
Any small thin-skinned potato will work in this recipe, including gold or purple.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup each
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 363 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: potatoes, healthy, vegetables, Thanksgiving, Holiday, side dish, gluten free, vegetarian, yogurt