This bright and cheerful holiday slaw will provide a healthy and fresh contrast to the rest of your Holiday meal. The apple, pomegranate and dried apricot make it festive enough for a Christmas feast, yet it easy enough for a weeknight dinner!
- 1 small head shredded Napa Cabbage
- 1 cup thinly shredded purple cabbage
- 1 sweet crisp apple such as piñata, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 3/4 cup salad dressing such as apple cider vinegar salad dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place Napa cabbage, purple cabbage, apple, radish in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the cabbage mixture and add tarragon, and toss to coat the vegetables evenly with the dressing. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Top with the almonds, pomegranate arils and dried apricots just before serving.
Can be prepared through step 1 up to 4 hours in advance. Keep chilled.
Whole30: To make sure this is compliant, check the ingredients of your dried apricots and choose a dressing without added sugar.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 130 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: Holiday coleslaw,Christmas coleslaw,napa cabbage coleslaw,healthy slaw,coleslaw with fruit