Make these Easy Chicken Enchiladas in just 15 minutes of prep time. The filling is made with leftover chicken (or use rotisserie) salsa and sour cream. They’re fast and delicious!
1 15-ounce can Enchilada sauce (or 2 cups)
4 scallions, sliced, divided
4-ounce can diced chiles or canned jalapeños, drained and chopped* see ingredient note
2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
1 cup frozen corn, thawed under running water
½ cup salsa, plus more for serving
1/3 cup sour cream, preferably reduced-fat
10 corn tortillas (6-inch or soft taco size) *see ingredient note
1 ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese (6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread ½ cup Enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Stir 2 scallions, canned chiles or jalapeños, chicken, corn, salsa and sour cream in a medium bowl until coated.
- Warm 5 tortillas in the microwave* for 20 to 30 seconds until pliable. Spoon ¼ cup filling onto the center of a tortilla. Roll up and set, seam-side-down, in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with the remaining warmed tortillas. Warm the remaining 5 tortillas and continue filling them and arrange them into the casserole dish. Spread the remaining sauce over the enchiladas.
- Transfer to the oven and bake 15 minutes. Top with cheese and continue baking until the enchiladas are steaming hot all the way through, the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes longer. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve topped with the remaining 2 sliced scallions.
Corn tortillas are very delicate and can split or fall apart as they bake. If you can find corn tortillas that have some flour blended into them, such as La Tortilla Factory brand, they work very nicely with this recipe, are easy to fill (without having to warm them to fill them) and they don’t break apart easily for serving.
*If you do not have a microwave, you can warm the tortillas in the oven. Wrap a stack in foil and set in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Make Ahead: Step 2 can be done 2 days ahead. Transfer to a resealable container and refrigerate. When ready to bake, prepare casserole dish and preheat oven as directed in step 1. Then stir filling. Follow instructions continuing with step 3.
- Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 10 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 29 g