Easy Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon- it’s a simple way to make steamed broccoli taste incredible and the kids will love it too! Naturally gluten-free and paleo.
- 5 cups raw broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- rounded ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer attachment. Add broccoli, cover and steam until crisp tender, 3 ½ to 4 1/2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and garlic in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and just starting to brown, 30 to 90 seconds. Scrape garlic mixture into a large bowl. Immediately add lemon juice. Add lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Stir broccoli into the lemon mixture and stir to coat. Serve hot.
Watch the garlic closely, and as soon as it starts to brown, scrape it into the bowl to prevent it from continuing to cook and brown more. If it gets too dark it will taste bitter.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 182 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g