This clean eating salad made with cucumber cut into noodles with lemon basil takes just 10 minutes to make. It is low-carb, paleo and vegan.
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds cucumbers, julienne cut (no seeds)
- 1/3 cup chiffonade cut lemon basil * see tip
- Whisk shallot, vinegar, oil and salt in a large bowl. Add cucumber and basil and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Tip* Chiffonade is a culinary term for a type of knife cut. It means to cut into thin ribbon-like strips. I have written more on knife cuts here.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 63
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 175 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g