This moist and healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is super easy to mix together and bake. It makes a not-too-sweet snack or breakfast and it is sweetened with maple syrup and made with whole-wheat flour for better nutrition.
1 cup white whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2 large eggs
½ cup dark pure maple syrup
½ cup avocado oil or organic canola oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¾ cup chocolate chips, preferably mini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray or line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Mix bananas with maple syrup, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips and gently fold in.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan or spoon into muffin tin, dividing evenly. Bake until the loaf springs back when touched lightly in the center and a toothpick inserted in the center comes back with moist crumbs attached, 55 minutes for loaf.
- Let cool in the pan for an hour. Run a knife along the edges. Turn out of pan. Slice or allow to cool completely before wrapping up in plastic or foil.
For Best Results: Once the batter is mixed together, bake it immediately so that the leavener will have the most lift.
Make Ahead Notes: If you do want to make this bread in advance, you can mix the wet mix and store it in the fridge a day ahead. The dry mix can be mixed and covered and left on the counter up to a day ahead.
To Bake as Muffins: Spoon batter into a greased muffin tin or into muffin tin lined with paper liners, dividing evenly. Bake at 350 degrees F until the top springs back when lightly touched, 25 to 27 minutes, .
- Serving Size: 1/10th loaf
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g