Cauliflower rice is a plain and simple low carb and keto vegetable side dish and rice alternative. It’s ready in 20 minutes or less. It can be made Vegan and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 head cauliflower, core and leaves removed, cut into big chunks
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, sliced white and green parts divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, preferably white pepper
- ¾ cup reduced sodium chicken (or Imagine no-chicken broth for Vegan option)
- Place about 1/3 of the cauliflower in a food process fitted with steel blade attachment. Process until the cauliflower looks like tiny crumbs, 20 to 40 seconds. Transfer the processed cauliflower to a bowl, and repeat with the remaining cauliflower in two more batches.
- Heat oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, garlic, celery and rosemary and cook, stirring often until the scallion whites are starting to soften and become translucent, and the garlic is just starting to brown, 1 ½ to 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in cauliflower, salt and pepper coating with the scallion mixture. Cook, stirring often until you start to notice browned cauliflower when you stir along the edges of the skillet, 3 to 4 minutes. Add broth, stir to combine and increase heat to high. Cook stirring often until the cauliflower is cooked but not mushy, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in scallion greens. Remove from the heat and serve.
This recipe only has 3 grams net carbs.
Meal Prep Tip: Cooked and cooled cauliflower rice can be stored in a resealable container the refrigerator for three days. Reheat until steaming in the microwave to serve.
- Serving Size: 2/3
- Calories: 54 calories
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Fat: 3 grams fat
- Saturated Fat: 0 g sat
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g