Cauliflower rice is a plain and simple low carb vegetable side dish and rice alternative. It’s ready in 20 minutes or less and is also gluten free and wheat free!
- 1 head cauliflower, core and leaves removed, cut into big chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 scallions, sliced white and green parts divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, preferably white pepper
- ¾ cup reduced sodium chicken or Imagine no-chicken broth
- Place about 1/3 of the cauliflower in a food process fitted with steel blade attachment. Process until the cauliflower looks like tiny crumbs, 20 to 40 seconds. Transfer the processed cauliflower to a bowl, and repeat with the remaining cauliflower in two more batches.
- Heat oil and butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, garlic, celery and rosemary and cook, stirring often until the scallion whites are starting to soften and become translucent, and the garlic is just starting to brown, 1 ½ to 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in cauliflower, salt and pepper coating with the scallion mixture. Cook, stirring often until you start to notice browned cauliflower when you stir along the edges of the skillet, 3 to 4 minutes. Add broth, stir to combine and increase heat to high. Cook stirring often until the cauliflower is cooked but not mushy, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in scallion greens. Remove from the heat and serve.
0 mg Cholesterol, 0 g Added Sugar
- Serving Size: 2/3
- Calories: 54 calories
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Fat: 3 grams fat
- Saturated Fat: 0 g sat
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g