Just 4 ingredients and 45 minutes is all you need to make these addictive baked Cajun Fries. These pair perfectly with turkey burgers, sandwiches, & more!
- 2 pounds large Russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 )
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasonings (I love this organic blend )
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (see ingredient note*)
- Put a kettle on to boil. Arrange oven rack in bottom most position of the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes into batons/French fries, about 1/3 to 1/2-inch thick. Place in a large bowl.
- When water boils, pour over the potatoes and let sit 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly and spread over the towel-lined baking sheet. Blot with more towels. Dry the bowl and return the potatoes to it. Add oil, Cajun seasonings and salt and toss until the potatoes are completely coated. Discard paper towels and dry baking sheet if necessary. Coat the baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread the potatoes out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake on the bottom rack until golden on the bottom, 12 to 15 minutes. Turn over with a spatula and continue baking until golden and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes longer, stirring one more time.
Ingredient note* If you don’t have kosher salt, note that kosher salt has less sodium per teaspoon than table salt. Unless you want hella salty fries, substitute about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon table salt for the kosher.
- Serving Size: 2.5 ounces each. about 1 cup
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g