Tabbouleh made with quinoa and blueberries with lemon dressing, parsley and mint. It is naturally gluten-free and vegan.
- 2 cups water
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, grated with a rasp style grater
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 small bunch curly parsley, washed, spun dry and roughly chopped (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- Bring water and ¼ teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa and return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium low to maintain a simmer, and cook until the germ of the quinoa has burst and the water is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, pepper and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Stir the hot quinoa into the dressing. Let cool. To speed cooling, spread out in a large baking dish and refrigerate 20 minutes. Return the quinoa mixture to the bowl and stir in parsley, mint and blueberries. Serve immediately or chill.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 185 cal
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 3.6 g