These beets with cranberries and spiced nuts are a party for your mouth. They are super simple to make, naturally gluten-free and vegan. Serve them cold, warm or hot.
- 3 pounds medium beets, about 4 bunches with leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup chopped spiced nuts, purchased or home-made
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place beets in a large pot and cover generously with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, adding water if necessary to keep beets submerged, until the beets are tender when pierced with a fork, 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes, depending on size. Drain and allow the beets to cool until cool enough to handle.
- Rub skins off beets, cut into wedges and transfer to a large bowl. Toss beets with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle cranberries, nuts and parsley over the top.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 367 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g