Bacon horseradish and cheddar come together in a twist on the classic holiday cheese ball. Crusted in pecans and flavored with smoky bacon it is a sure crowd-pleaser. Recipe courtesy of Carrie of Bakeaholic Mama
- 1 8 oz package of Cabot Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tbs prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp honey mustard
- 2 slices applewood smoked bacon
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, using your paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, cheddar, blue cheese, diced onion, horseradish, and mustard together until combined.
- Cover cheese mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld.
- Once the cheese has chilled overnight, remove from refrigerator and using your hands roll into a ball.
- Place cooked crispy bacon in a food processor with the pecans, and pulse until they are finely chopped.
- Pour nuts and bacon on a plate, and roll the cheese ball in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, bread or vegetable sticks.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 6 g