Bacon horseradish and cheddar come together in a twist on the classic holiday cheese ball. Crusted in pecans and flavored with smoky bacon it is a sure crowd-pleaser. Recipe courtesy of Carrie Burril.
- 8 oz package Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup finely chopped scallion plus 2 tablespoons for coating
- 2 tbs prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp honey mustard
- 2 slices applewood smoked bacon
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Beat cream cheese in the bowl of your electric mixer with the paddle attachment until creamy. Add in cheddar, blue cheese, 1/4 c scallions, horseradish, and mustard and mix until combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours to firm up.
- Remove from refrigerator and using a spatula, scrape the mixture into a rough ball shape. Turn out onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap and shape into a ball.
- Finely crumble bacon and combine with pecans and the remaining 2 tablespoons scallions on a sheet of parchment paper. Turn the ball out of the plastic wrap onto the pecan mixture. Roll in the pecan mixture to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make this recipe vegetarian, skip the bacon and add three more tablespoons of the pecans to the topping.
If you do not like blue cheese, omit it and add 2 ounces more cheddar cheese.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 6 g