Here’s a recipe for Cucumber Greek Salad made without lettuce. It’s loaded with crumbled feta, cherry tomatoes, olives and red onion and tossed with a simple homemade dressing. Ready in only 15 minutes. Gluten-free, vegetarian and low-carb.
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups peeled, seeded and chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup mixed olives, pitted if desired
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 ounces crumbed feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Whisk oil, vinegar, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onion, and feta and stir to combine. Taste for salt and adjust if necessary. Top with basil.
To make this ahead, chop the veggies and do not toss together. Keep the dressing separate and do not cut the tomatoes until just before serving. Toss just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 306 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g