This Raw Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Hazelnuts and Feta is fresh and lovely summer vegetarian salad that will use up a ton of zucchini from your garden and it’s ready in just 15 minutes!
- 3 medium zucchini, washed and stem and blossom ends trimmed (about 1 ¾ pounds)
- 1 teaspoons Maldon Celtic sea salt flakes, divided
- 2 tablespoons best quality extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled mild feta cheese, preferably goat feta
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped hazelnuts or pine nuts
- cracked black pepper to taste
- lemon wedges
- Peel zucchini into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler, stopping at the soft seedy core. Place ribbons in a large colander. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon Maldon Celtic sea salt and toss to combine. Let sit 10 minutes. Blot and toss by hand with several clean dry paper towels to absorb moisture, without crushing the zucchini ribbons. Arrange ribbons on large platter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Drizzle with oil. Top with feta, nuts and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g