These yogurt curry marinated chicken thighs are super simple to make. They are a fantastic recipe to make when you’re entertaining, because they are effortless. You can prep them completely ahead, and then just pop them into the oven. They bake right in their marinade, and they come out tender, moist and super flavorful!
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed and any visible fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish, optional
- Fit food-processor with steel blade attachment. With motor running, drop garlic cloves one at a time through feed tube and process until finely chopped. Remove lid and add yogurt, honey, lime juice, curry powder, ginger and salt. Process until smooth. Alternatively mince garlic and whisk together with the marinade ingredients.
- Place chicken thighs in a large baking dish. Add marinade, turn to coat chicken in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 1 day for maximum flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove cover from baking dish and transfer to the oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat (without touching the bone) registers 168 degrees F, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Serve hot garnished with cilantro.
Make ahead: Prepare marinade up to two days before adding the chicken.
- Serving Size: 1 piece chicken, about 4 ounces meat
- Calories: 157 cal
- Sugar: 3.46 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 92 mg