This vegan and gluten-free Wild Rice Pilaf with Pistachios and Pomegranates is a special occasion side-dish for your holiday feast.
- 1 ½ cup wild rice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 cup finely diced celery hearts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup POM Wonderful POM POMS Fresh Pomegranate Arils
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup Wonderful No Shells Pistachios, chopped
- Place rice in a small saucepan. Cover generously with water. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the rice is tender and just starts to burst open, 27 to 35 minutes. Drain well.
- When rice has about 15 minutes left, heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, garlic and salt and cook, stirring often until the onion is softened, and starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add hot rice, pomegranate juice and orange zest and stir until the rice and vegetables are mixed and the juice is simmering. Remove from the heat and stir in pomegranate arils, parsley, pistachios and the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 313 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg