You’re going to want to save this slow cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili with corn and white beans. It is so easy- just stir the ingredients into the crockpot and turn it on! It can be meal prepped as a freezer meal too!
1 ¾ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
2 large onions, diced
1 green or bell pepper or 2 poblano peppers, diced
1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons cup cornmeal
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
3 cups chicken broth
1 14-ounce can navy beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup heavy cream
Shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro and lime wedges for serving, optional
- Stir chicken, onions, peppers, corn, cornmeal, garlic, cumin, coriander, chili powder, salt, cayanne and broth together in the insert of a 6 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low.
- When timer goes off, stir well. Add in beans and stir in cream. Serve garnished with cilantro, cheese and serve with lime wedges.
Meal Prep/ Freezer Meal Instructions:
- Combine chicken, onion, peppers, corn and cornmeal in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Transfer to a 1 gallon freezer bag. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, chili powder, salt and cayenne. Press out any excess air, and seal shut. Freeze flat up to 3 months.
- Whack the frozen bag of chili ingredients with a rolling pin or heavy skillet several times to break apart. Transfer the frozen ingredients to the insert of a large (6-quart) slow cooker.
- Add broth, cover and cook for 8 hours on high. When timer goes off, stir in beans and heavy cream. Serve garnished with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 29 g