Lemon Turmeric Chicken QUinoa Soup with Mustard Greens and fresh dill. It is a super flavorful and healthy soup for cold season with natural anti-inflamatory benefits.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 teaspoons herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup rinsed quinoa
- 2 cups chopped mustard greens or baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed soup pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, carrot, salt and turmeric and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are softened and starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add broth, bell pepper, celery and herbs de Provence and bring to a simmer over high heat. Add chicken and quinoa and return to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low to maintain a gentle simmer, and cook stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the quinoa is tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Remove the chicken from the soup with tongs. Set on cutting board, and shred with two forks. Stir the chicken, greens lemon zest, lemon juice and dill into the soup and stir until the greens are wilted. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 3 cups
- Calories: 322
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g.
- Fiber: 5 g.
- Protein: 28