Our easy homemade veggie burritos are ready in less than a half hour. They are loaded with fresh veggies including red onion and bell pepper, plus we have added in black beans and corn along with pre-cooked brown rice, yummy creamy sauce and guacamole all wrapped up in soft flour tortillas. They can be made ahead for an easy meal-prep dinner or to heat up at work for lunch.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup salsa
- 6 large soft flour tortillas or wraps
- 1 cup guacamole, purchased or homemade
- 1 8-ounce package cooked brown rice, heated as directed
- 6 ounces shredded jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper. Cover and cook, removing lid to stir often, until softened and browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir beans, corn, chili, cumin and salt into the vegetable mixture and cook, stirring until heated through and the spices are fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro.
- Whisk the yogurt in a medium bowl. Whisk in salsa until completely combined.
- Lay tortillas on work surface. Spread guacamole over the tortillas, dividing evenly. Add on rice. Spoon the vegetable and bean mixture over the rice. Top with rice and cheese. Spoon the sauce over the fillings, dividing evenly.
- Wrap up burritos, tucking the sides in.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Lay burritos seam side down in the skillet and cook until browned on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until browned, about 2 minutes. Cut in half to serve.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 5. Cut foil sheets for each burrito and coat with cooking spray. Wrap burritos in the prepared foil sheets and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Active Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 594
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 19 g
Keywords: veggie burritos, veggie burrito, vegetarian burrito recipe, vegetarian burrito, vegetable burrito, vegetable burritos