This plant based Vegan Paté is a rich country-style paté made with lentils and walnuts with a touch of truffle oil.
- 1 large small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned drained lentils, one 15-ounce can
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mince garlic. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and mash into a paste with the side of a chefs knife. Transfer the paste to a food processor.
- Food Processor: Add lentils, walnuts, 1 tablespoon chives, 2 teaspoons truffle oil, vinegar and pepper to taste. Cover and process to combine.
- Transfer the paté to a small bowl or crock, and smooth the surface. Refrigerate up to two days. Serve sprinkled with chives and more pepper.
To make in advance: press plastic wrap down to surface of the pate and refrigerate up to two days in advance. Garnish with chives, pepper and oil before serving.
Substitute For Walnuts: Pecans are a good alternative to the walnuts.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g