Get read to fall in love with this vegan Corn Salad with Jalapeno and Cilantro Dressing with cherry tomatoes, red onion and bell pepper. It will totally put you in the mood for easy summer evenings.
- 8 ears corn, shucked
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ to 1 jalapeño, stem removed
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Set a bowl of ice water next to stove.
- Place corn in a large skillet. Pour boiling water over the corn, cover, set over high heat and simmer until just crisp tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the ears of corn from the boiling water and transfer to the ice bath.
- Drain corn well. Pat corn dry with a clean towel, and remove kernels from the corn with a sharp knife.
- Meanwhile, place cumin in a small skillet and set over medium heat. Toast cumin, swirling pan until fragrant, and the seeds crackle and start to smoke a little but, but not burn, 1 to 2 minutes. Immediately transfer the cumin to a food processor fitted with a steel blade attachment.
- Turn food processor on, drop garlic and jalapeno through the feed tube and allow to process until chopped. Remove lid, add cilantro, vinegar and salt. Process until chopped. Scrape sides and turn motor on again. Drizzle in oil and continue processing until the mixture forms a green paste.
- Toss the corn, cilantro dressing, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3