Here is a fresh low-calorie side dish made with radishes. It is radishes cooked in butter with chives and radish greens. Once they are crisp tender, finish them off with a handful of the chopped radish greens and a bit of crunchy sea salt for a delicate spring side dish.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups quartered radishes
- ¼ cup finely shredded clean radish greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon Maldon Sea Salt
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet. Add radishes and cook, stirring often until slightly softened, 8 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in radish greens and chives. Serve sprinkled with Maldon salt.
If your radishes are all different sizes, cut them into similarly sized pieces so they cook at relatively the same rate. Smaller and or thinner radishes such as French Breakfast or D’Avignon do not need to be cut.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 78
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 1