This is the sandwich of my dreams. Honey Oat bread, with honey mustard, smoked turkey, avocado and sprouts! It’s just the thing to pack into a cooler for a picnic this summer.
- 8 thick slices honey oat bread, preferably hand-sliced
- 4 tablespoons garlic mayonnaise or mayonnaise
- 8 teaspoons honey mustard
- 8 ounces McKenzie Smoked Turkey
- 4 slices McKenzie sliced cheddar, about 2 ounces
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 thin slices red onion, separated
- 1 cup fresh alfalfa sprouts
- Lay bread on work surface. Spread mayonnaise on four slices and the honey mustard on the other four slices, dividing evenly.
- Top the mayo with turkey and cheddar, dividing evenly. Layer on avocado slices, onion and sprouts. Close sandwiches honey-mustard side down. Slice in half and wrap with parchment. Refrigerate or keep cold until ready to enjoy. Can be made up to 2 hours ahead.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 434 cals
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 24 g