With a perfect balance of sweet, sour, salt and fat this Turkey Pad Thai has it all! And ready in just 30 minutes making it an awesome weeknight meal!
- 6 ounces Thai stir-fry rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced and whites and green parts divided
- 8 cups Napa cabbage or Chinese cabbage, (about 1 small head)
- ½ cup lite coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted cashews or peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil, preferably Thai
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Place noodles in a low wide baking dish. Pour boiling water over the noodles to completely submerge them and swish them around a little bit. Let sit 10 minutes to soften, agitating gently once or twice to prevent clumping. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk brown sugar, tomato paste, lime juice, fish sauce and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and scallion greens. Crumble and stir the meat with a wooden spoon as it browns. Cook until the meat is cooked through, 6 to 9 minutes. Add cabbage and coconut milk and reduce heat to medium. Stir until the cabbage is just slightly wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the turkey mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the reserved sauce to the skillet and the drained noodles and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the noodles are heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer the noodle mixture to the bowl with the turkey, add the scallion greens and toss to coat. Serve each portion topped with the herbs and nuts.
How to reheat leftovers:
Place the Pad Thai in a covered microwave safe dish, add a bit of water and reheat in 30 second increments.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 2 cups each
- Calories: 365
- Sodium: 494mg
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 21 g
Keywords: Turkey Pad Thai,Healthy Pad Thai, Ground Turkey Pad Thai, Ground Turkey and Rice Noodles