This Tilapia with Tangerine Salsa is flavored with bright citrus, cilantro and lime and it is so easy to make. It’s ready in just 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ to 1 teaspoon freshly grated galangal root, preferably grated with a rasp-style grater
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tangerines, peeled and diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 ½ pound tilapia fillet
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon avocado oil or organic canola oil, divided
- Whisk lime juice, honey, galangal and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Gently stir in tangerine, scallions, bell pepper and cilantro and set aside.
- Place tilapia in a large baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Sprinkle flour over the fish and turn to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook about half of the tilapia in the skillet until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the fish to a plate and keep warm. Reduce temperature to medium-low and add the remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil to the skillet. Cook the remaining tilapia until browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve the fish with the salsa.
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 544
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 32