Tahini Dressing with Lemon and Garlic- a vegan friendly and whole30 approved salad dressing to try this month! It takes less than five minutes to make and will transform a basic green salad into a creamy delicious meal!
1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
½ cup sesame tahini, stirred until smooth
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons best quality extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons honey (or agave to make vegan), optional
- Roll the whole lemon on its side with the palm of your hand while pressing it into the cutting board. Cut in half and squeeze out the juice. You will need 3 tablespoons for this recipe.
- Chop garlic until roughly minced. Sprinkle with salt and then smash with the side of the knife, and chop the mixture until it becomes a paste. Scrape into a blender or jar of an immersion blender.
- Add in tahini, water, lemon, oil and honey (if using.) Puree until smooth.
- If dressing is too thick, add one tablespoon water and blend to thin. Continue one tablespoon as a time as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
Tip: To whisk by hand:
- Whisk the lemon garlic and tahini first until they’re smooth
- Adding in the water gradually.
- Then add in the oil and honey at the end.
To Make Ahead: Can be made up to 1 week ahead. Store in a jar in the refrigerator. Let it sit at room temperature or in a warm water bath to loosen it up.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 165 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g