Tahini Dressing with Lemon and Garlic- a vegan friendly and whole30 approved salad dressing to try this month! It takes less than five minutes to make and will transform a basic green salad into a creamy delicious meal!
1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
½ cup sesame tahini, stirred until smooth
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons best quality extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons honey (or agave to make vegan), optional
- Chop garlic until roughly minced. Sprinkle with salt and then smash with the side of the knife, and chop the mixture until it becomes a paste. Scrape into a blender or jar of an immersion blender.
- Add in tahini, water, lemon, oil and honey (if using.) Puree until smooth.
- If dressing is too thick, add one tablespoon water and blend to thin. Continue one tablespoon as a time as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
Tip: To whisk by hand:
- Whisk the lemon garlic and tahini first until they’re smooth
- Adding in the water gradually.
- Then add in the oil and honey at the end.
To Make Ahead: Can be made up to 1 week ahead. Store in a jar in the refrigerator. Let it sit at room temperature or in a warm water bath to loosen it up.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 165 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g