Grain free noodles made from spiralized sweet potatoes, cooked until just tender, tossed with cilantro pesto and then topped with shrimp and peas. This makes a healthy gluten-free weeknight meal in under 45 minutes.
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 loosley packed cups cilantro leaves and stems, washed and spun dry
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound thawed, peeled and deveined large shrimp (26–35 ct.)
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen sweet peas, thawed
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into noodles with a spiralizer with 3 mm blade
- Fresh lime wedges
- With motor running in food processor, drop garlic through the feed tube and allow to process until minced. Open lid and add cilantro. Cover and turn processor on. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil through feed tube and allow to process until the mixture becomes paste like, scraping sides as necessary. Add pepitas, Parmesan and ¼ teaspoon salt and process again, scraping sides as necessary, until smooth and pesto-like. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and cook, turning once until bright pink and cooked through. Add peas and pepper and stir to combine. Cook, stirring often until the peas are just heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in ½ of the pesto. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in a large straight sided skillet or wide Dutch oven. Add sweet potato noodles, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and cook, gently stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons water to prevent from over browning as it cooks. Cook until wilted and al-dente, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the remaining cilantro pesto and gently stir to combine. Divide noodles among four bowls. Spoon the shrimp mixture over the noodles, dividing evenly and serve with lime wedges.
To Make Ahead: Pesto can be made up to 1 day in advance. Store in a sealed container in refrigerater. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 495
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 836 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 33 g