This Spring Salad hard boiled eggs, bacon, asparagus, peas and radishes is topped with a luscious yogurt dill dressing.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Plain Low-Fat Greek Style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mesclun greens, washed and spun dry
- 1 cup asparagus tips
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed (or fresh shelled)
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer very gently for 10 minutes.
- Drain off hot water, and place pot under cold running water for several minutes to stop egg from cooking. Crack and peel egg. Slice or chop the egg.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, turning occasionally until it is browned and crispy on both sides, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drain the bacon on a paper towel lined plate. Crumble the bacon.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, shallot, dill, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Arrange salad greens on four plates. Sprinkle bacon over the greens. Arrange asparagus, peas, radishes and the egg over the top of the salad. Drizzle the dressing over the salads. Extra dressing will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
The dressing can be made ahead up to 5 days in advance. Store in a sealed jar in the fridge. Stir or whisk well before using. The salad can be prepared and composed one day ahead. Store in individual meal prep containers, or wrap individual composed salads with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated.
- Serving Size: 2 1/2 cups
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 11 g