Spinach and arugula salad with beef, onion and date kebobs on top with orange dressing and crumbled blue cheese
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound grass-fed strip steak, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 24 chunks total)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and cut into quarters
- 12 cups loosely packed baby spinach and arugula
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Puree orange juice, zest, oil, shallot, vinegar salt, pepper, and Dijon in a blender or mini prep food processor. (Alternatively whisk in a bowl.)Reserve ¼ cup dressing and refrigerate. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the steak, onion and dates in a medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread steak, onion and dates onto 8 skewers, alternating. Oil grill rack. Grill skewers, rotating often until the meat is medium rare and the onions and dates are softened, about 8 to 14 minutes.
- Divided spinach and arugula among four plates or pasta bowls. Top with the skewers. Drizzle with the reserved dressing (about 1 tablespoon per salad) and top with blue cheese.
Fiber: 4 g. Carbs: 24 g. Protein: 32 g. Sodium: 812 mg. Sugar: 16 g.
- Serving Size: 1 salad, 2 kebabs and 1 tablespoon dressing
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 15