These easy spinach and bacon deviled eggs are a quick and delicious appetizer. They are very fast and can be made the day before and stored covered in the refrigerator.
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled (see notes)
- 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons deli style mustard
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1–2 teaspoons lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 strips thin bacon, cooked crisp and finely chopped
- Slice eggs in half length wise and separate yolks and whites. Place yolks a food processor with yogurt, mustard, milk, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, spinach and black pepper. Pulse until mixture is smooth. Add additional lemon juice if needed for taste.
- Stir in chopped bacon, reserving a few pieces to garnish the tops of the eggs. Spoon or pipe filling back into egg whites and top with reserved bacon and additional black pepper if desired. Serve!
0 g Added Sugar, 431 mg Cholesterol
How to hard boil an egg: Place eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring water to a boil over medium high heat. Cover and remove from heat and let sit for 12 minutes. Remove eggs and place them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Peel and prepare as desired.
- Serving Size: 2 deviled eggs
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 760 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 17 g