This spice roasted delicata squash with port reduction is made with just 4 ingredients and comes together in about 30 minutes.
- 2 medium delicata squash
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup port wine
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut delicata in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and stringy pulp from the center of the squash cavity. Trim ends and stem and then cut squash into half moons, each about 1/3-inch thick. Toss in a large bowl with spice and salt to taste until the squash is coated. Spread out on two large baking sheets and transfer to the oven. Roast, stirring once or twice and rotating the pans, until the squash s tender and browning, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring port to a boil over medium-high heat, in a small sauce pan, swirling occasionally. Adjust heat so flame is not licking the sides of the pan and boil, swirling occasionally, until the port is reduced to a thick syrupy consistency, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Serve the squash drizzled with the port sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 136 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: roasted delicata squash