Slow Cooker Maple Chipotle BBQ Beef is a delicious, kid-friendly weeknight dinner with only 15 minutes of prep. And it’s naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and wheat-free!
- 3 to 3.5 pounds beef chuck roast, preferably grass-fed
- 1 large sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain or brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place beef chuck roast in the insert of a large slow cooker. Top with onion.
- Whisk crushed tomatoes, maple syrup, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, salt, chipotle chili powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over the beef.
- Cover the slow cooker, and set to low heat for 8 hours.
- When timer is up, remove beef to a cutting board, and remove any visible pieces of fat. Shred the meat with forks. Skim any fat off of the sauce. Return the meat to the sauce and stir to combine. Serve with the barbecue sauce.
- Serving Size: 3.5 ounces meat
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 427 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 66 mg