These Healthy Baked Oven Fries are a healthy makeover of an all-time favorite side dish. They’re ready in 40 minutes, have only 3 ingredients, and are vegan!
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, about 1 ½ pound
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (see ingredient note*)
- Put a kettle on to boil. Arrange oven rack in bottom most position of the oven and preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a large baking sheet with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes into batons/French fries, about 1/3 to ½-inch thick. Place in a large bowl.
- When water boils, pour over the potatoes and let sit 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly and spread over the towel-lined baking sheet. Blot with more towels. Dry the bowl and return the potatoes to it. Add oil and salt and toss until the potatoes are completely coated.
- Discard paper towels and dry the baking sheet if necessary. Coat the baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread the potatoes out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake on the bottom rack until golden on the bottom, 12 to 15 minutes. Turn over with a spatula and continue baking until golden and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes longer, stirring one more time.
0 mg Cholesterol, 0 g Added Sugar
*If you don’t have kosher salt, note that kosher salt has less sodium per teaspoon than table salt. Unless you want hella salty fries, substitute about ¼ to ½ teaspoon table salt for the kosher.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2.5 ounces each, about 1 cup
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 447 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
Keywords: oven fries, oven baked fries