Making this recipe for simple steamed cauliflower with herbs is so easy. All you have to do is chop the cauliflower and steam it. Then drizzle it with a bit of olive oil, herbs and salt and pepper. It’s a naturally low-calorie, low-carb side dish to round out your dinner.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs, see note*
- Bring one to two inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket over high heat. Add cauliflower to the steamer basket, cover the saucepan, and steam until the cauliflower is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the steamer basket from the saucepan, and pour out the water. Empty the cauliflower out of the steamer basket back into the pot. Drizzle on oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Add herbs and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Note* Use a blend of herbs to your liking. Try 2 teaspoons chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon each dill and tarragon. Or 1 tablespoon chopped basil and 1 teaspoon chopped oregano.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 45
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2