I am so excited to see what you think of this simple-as-can-be Kohlrabi recipe. It’s peeled and diced and then sautéed in butter with garlic and sage and sprinkled with pistachios.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pounds kohlrabi, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 5 cups cubes)
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black or white pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons water, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons chopped salted roasted pistachios
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, kohlrabi, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often until the garlic starts to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water, cover and allow to steam. Cook removing lid occasionally to stir the kohlrabi and adding water as necessary until the kohlrabi is crisp tender, 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- Remove lid, stir in sage and cook, stirring until the sage is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and sprinkle pistachios over top. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 4 grams