Simple apple sauce, just apples and water. Choose which method to use with either a food mill, food processor or potato masher. Add cinnamon and honey to taste.
- 6 cups saucing apples, such as Macintosh (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- Cut apples in half and remove seeds with melon baller. Cut into quarters.
- Place in large heavy-bottomed soup pot with water. Cover and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the apples are completely broken down.
- Process through food mill and discard seeds. Alternatively, if you do not have a food mill, peel and core apples. Continue with cooking instructions and process with food processor or potato masher to desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup each
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 19 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 0 g