This lemon garlic shrimp is an easy weeknight meal that takes only 20 minutes to make. It’s fast, delicious and healthy!
- 2 lbs frozen 16-20 ct. peeled and deveined shrimp, defrosted (tails left on)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup roughly chopped Italian Parsley
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pat shrimp dry.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add shrimp and sprinkle with salt. Let cook, until bright pink and starting to brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Push shrimp to one side of the skillet, and tilt skillet to allow oil to pool on the open surface of the skillet. Add garlic to the oil and stir. Cook, stirring the garlic only until the it is fragrant and just starting to brown. Stir the garlic into the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp with the garlic.
- Redistribute the shrimp mixture onto the surface of the skillet. Drizzle lemon over the shrimp and stir to coat. Continue cooking until the shrimp is just cooked through, 40 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Add parsley and black pepper, stir to coat and remove from the heat . Serve hot.
Tips For Cooking The Shrimp
To brown the shrimp and keep them from releasing all their juice into the pan, you’ll want to make sure you heat up your pan before you add the shrimp.
You can even add a shrimp to test if the oil is hot. If you do and it doesn’t really sizzle sizzle sizzle, then you should wait a minute before adding the rest of the shrimp.
You also don’t want to overcrowd the pan. So make sure you use a large skillet.
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 370 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 55 g