This lemon garlic shrimp is an easy weeknight meal that takes only 20 minutes to make. It’s paleo and naturally gluten-free.
- 2 lbs frozen16-20 ct. peeled and deveined shrimp, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup roughly chopped Italian Parsley
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pat shrimp dry.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add shrimp and sprinkle with salt. Let cook, until bright pink and starting to brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Push shrimp to one side of the skillet, and tilt skillet to allow oil to pool on the open surface of the skillet. Add garlic to the oil and stir. Cook, stirring the garlic only until the it is fragrant and just starting to brown. Stir the garlic into the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp with the garlic. Redistribute the shrimp mixture onto the surface of the skillet. Drizzle lemon over the shrimp and stir to coat. Continue cooking until the shrimp is just cooked through, 40 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Add parsley and black pepper, stir to coat and remove from the heat . Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 370 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 55 g