If you love asparagus, then try shaving raw asparagus into long curling ribbons with a veggie peeler. Then make it into this shaved asparagus salad with goat cheese and hazelnuts!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends removed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ½ small shallot, minced (or 3 T chopped chives)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 hearts of romaine, very thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends removed and spears shaved with vegetable peeler
- 3 ounces fresh chevre
- ¼ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Shave asparagus into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Cut any remaining pieces that cannot be peeled any thinner into bite sized lengths with a knife
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot or chives, dill, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add romaine and the shaved asparagus to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide among four plates. Crumble goat cheese over the salads. Divide hazelnuts over the salads.
This recipe is best served immediately. The dressing can be made ahead up to 3 days. The asparagus and romaine can be prepared one day ahead. Toss just before serving.
- Serving Size: 2 1/4 cup
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 25
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g