To make ahead: Can be prepared through step 3 up to 6 hours in advance.
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- cooking spray
- 24 wonton wrappers, about 6 oz.
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup thinly sliced snow peas
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil and/or cilantro
- black sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Place chicken breast in a medium skillet and cover with cold tap water. Place over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness of the meat. Remove the chicken and let cool. Cut chicken into small cubes.
- Meanwhile, Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 12-cup mini-muffin tins with cooking spray. Cut corners off wonton wrappers to make an octagonal shape. Gently press wrapper down into each cup. Lightly spritz wrappers with cooking spray. Transfer the pans to the oven and bake until the wrappers are starting to turn golden brown and are crispy and bubbling, 10 to 14 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Whisk tahini, soy or tamari, maple syrup and mayonnaise in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in the chicken and refrigerate until cold, 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir snow peas, carrot, scallions and herbs into chicken mixture. Divide chicken salad among wonton cups, about 2 scant tablespoons each. Garnish with sesame seeds, if using. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 appetizer
- Calories: 54
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 142 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g